International Mobility Program
Intra company transferees
About the process
The intra-company category permits international companies to temporarily transfer qualified employees to Canada for the purpose of improving management effectiveness, expanding Canadian exports, and enhancing competitiveness in overseas markets.
Eligibilities and requirements
Intra-company transferees may apply for work permits under the general provision if they
- are currently employed by a multi-national company and seeking entry to work in a parent, a subsidiary, a branch, or an affiliate of that enterprise
- are transferring to an enterprise that has a qualifying relationship with the enterprise in which they are currently employed (18–24 months can be used as a reasonable minimum timeline)
- are being transferred to a position in an executive, senior managerial, or specialized knowledge capacity
- have been employed continuously (via payroll or by contract directly with the company
- are coming to Canada for a temporary period only;
- comply with all immigration requirements for temporary entry.