The Working Holiday category

About the process

The Working Holiday category is designed for some foreign citizens who intend to travel in Canada and who wish to find temporary paid employment to help pay for their trip (up to 24 months).

Eligibilities and requirements:

  • be a citizen of some prescribed countries only
  • have a valid passport for the duration of your stay in Canada
    • Your work permit in Canada can’t be valid longer than your passport
  • be between the ages of 18 and 35 (inclusive)
  • have a minimum of CAN$2,500 to help cover your expenses in Canada
  • have health insurance for the duration of your stay
    • You may have to present evidence of this insurance when you enter Canada
  • not be inadmissible to Canada
  • have, before departure, a round-trip ticket or demonstrate that you’ll have the financial resources to purchase a departure ticket at the end of your authorized stay in Canada
  • not be accompanied by dependants
  • pay the fees