Temporary resident applications from intending organ donors
The following procedures apply when assessing a temporary resident visa (TRV) application from an applicant wishing to enter Canada for the purpose of donating an organ to a Canadian citizen or permanent resident in Canada.
Eligibilities and requirements:
- Three criteria should guide the initial assessment of the application.
- Evidence of medical compatibility between the donor and the recipient
- Evidence of satisfactory financial arrangements
- Evidence that a sale of human organ is not being transacted
- In addition to the above three criteria, the officer should consider other factors that are relevant to establishing the bona fides of an applicant
- If the applicant has been found to be inadmissible for any reason, the visa officer may wish to consider whether the issuance of a temporary resident permit (TRP) is justified in the circumstances.